Model: Model: P117 GeForce4 MX 440 AGP8X
Operating System: Windows 2000 (Note: might work with other versions of this os.)
!Setup Notes Win7.txt
nVidia MX440 AGP 4x 8x
Running the installer will fail.
1. Extract to folder
2. Open Device Manager
3. Expand "Display Adapters"
4. Right click on "Standard vga display adapter", may not be exact but close to that label.
5. Choose "Update Driver Software
6. In the new window that opens select "Browse my computer for driver software"
7. Either enter the drive and directory you extracted files to or click "Browse" to locate
8. Once the appropriate directory has been located click "Next"
9. You will be required to restart Windows.
Device Manager will now show "NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X"
You will now be able to choose resolutions 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x720, 1360x768*, 1600x900, 1920x1080
I am running this on an Asus A7A266 only capable of AGP4x with 1.2Ghz Athlon Processor and Win7. I have a DVI to HDMI adapter attached to the video card and an HDMI cable going to a VIZIO 27 LED. Best resolution I can get a good picture on is 1360x768. Obviously, Your results may differ depending on your equipment.
I'm making an assumption that if it works with Win7 it may also work with 2003 and Vista, though not tested.