Model: 3D Prophet II MX
Operating System: Not Applicable (Note: might work with other versions of this os.)
BIOS update (version 3.11.00.18.00)for Hercules 3D Prophet II MX (32 MB, AGP).
Note: This bios does NOT support the following cards:
3D Prophet II MX Dual Display
3D Prophet II MX 64MB
3D Prophet II MX PCI
3D Prophet II MX 400.
If you are not experiencing problems, we recommend you do not flash the BIOS unless specifically told to by a Guillemot/Hercules technician. You can contact us by phone or email.
1) Download the BIOS update using the download button below.
2) Once downloaded, execute the file, and extract the files to the default directory of "C:\propbios".
3) Click on Start, Shutdown, and choose Restart in MS-DOS Mode, then click OK.
4) You should see a prompt that shows "C:\WINDOWS>". Type "cd \propbios" and press Enter. You should now see "C:\PROPBIOS>".
5) Type "nvflash" and press Enter. This will start the BIOS flash utility. Follow the prompts to flash the BIOS, and wait for the flash program to finish. You will return to the DOS command prompt once it is finished.
6) Once the flash program is finished, completely shut down your system for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on. The BIOS is now flashed.
Note: If you are using Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000 or Windows XP, you will need to use a boot disk in order to get to a DOS prompt.